Getting a fix

I need my fix.
Sorry.
No, I need it.
Too bad.
Give me it. Give me something. Anything.
I’m not in the business anymore.
It doesn’t matter if you are or not. Either way, I still need my fix. Now where can I get it.
Listen, this is it for me. I’m not doing it anymore. I was as hooked as you are. But I have a life. A wife, a kid, I can’t give that up. I love them more than anything in my life, so if it means giving up my wealth, or worse…
I’m sorry but I’m not in the mood. I just need what you have.
But I don’t have it! I’m out. I’ve cleaned up and I suggest you do the same. You care about Julia. She means so much to you.
Don’t toy with me! I need this for her. She’s in greater danger of me when I’m off the stuff than when I’m on. You don’t know what it’s like.
I do. I know what it’s like before, during, and after. I know it helps. But the only thing that last is staying away. Do yoga, work out, whatever it takes. Just get off of it and don’t look back! I don’t regret it, neither will you.
No! You don’t understand. Listen. It’s not that easy. Why do you think we see so many of our cohorts dependent on the government? This is insane. We can’t keep it up. I was a pioneer of the advancements we’ve made in the past few decades. But this is too much. It doesn’t make since. Not now. Not until I get my fix!
NO. It’s not worth it.
Oh but it is. Now if you don’t know where I can get my fix, then I certainly do.
It doesn’t matter. I’ll take my chances.
You won’t! There’s no chance here! If you’re not going to tell me…
I’m not telling you anything. (Tears in eyes) I know you’re better than that. This is the problem, I know that I’m better than that. We can’t keep doing this. Think about it!
Thirty years ago I’d have a drink! Nothing more!! I didn’t have any issues, I would stay the course, whatever they told me, but there’s something different now. Something I can’t control. You’ve felt it. You know what it is and how it is tamed. There is no reasoning behind it. It’s like commerce. People kill people every day in the process of making money. They don’t care! And for what? They are doing it for their own selfish needs.
But that’s different.
Why? Because we see their faces? No! It’s the same. Only we know what we’re doing and see it. We know!
And does that make us better? No, it makes us insane! We know what we did but that doesn’t stop us from doing it again. At least those pompus bastards who only think of themselves only think of themselves! They don’t think of the consequences. They don’t have to. They are served on a plate! We on the other hand… Listen, I can’t even talk about it. I can’t think about it. I am done.
You’re right. I’m sorry. It’s the only way.
I’ll fight.
And you’ll loose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment